Backup Exec System Recovery Desktop Essential Edition
Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Desktop Edition is a simple, cost-effective backup and recovery solution for small businesses that helps minimize downtime and avoid disaster by easily recovering individual data files/folders or complete Windows desktops or laptops in minutes - not hours or days - even to different hardware, virtual environments, or remote locations.
Windows 7 Support
Support for Microsoft's latest Server Operating System, including Restore Anyware technology for dissimilar hardware and P2V restoration
- Full system backup and recovery of the latest Microsoft operating systems
- Allows organizations who are moving to these new environments to ensure that their systems are enabled for rapid recovery of systems and data
Backup Exec System Recovery Management Solution
Backup Exec System Recovery Management Solution is a highly scalable centralized management solution designed to add rapid Windows backup and recovery to the new Symantec Management Platform. Centrally manage system backup and recovery operations for Backup Exec System Recovery as well as Backup Exec System Recovery Linux Edition.
- Create, edit, and distribute backup jobs, policies, installation packages, upgrade packages, and client settings
- Discover unprotected clients with remote client discovery
- Enables remote recovery of volumes or complete systems
- Manage physical to virtual conversions, off-site copy capabilities and backup destination monitoring from a central location
- Advanced reporting and management capabilities via integration with the Symantec Management Platform
- Supports both Windows and Linux editions of Backup Exec System Recovery
Enhanced Virtual Environment Support
Supports the latest virtual environments including VMware vSphere 4.0, Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 and Citrix XenServer 5.x.
- Convert backup images to VMware and Hyper-V virtual formats
- Converted VMDK's are now uploaded/imported in a single step and include improved performance capabilities
- Converted VHD files can be stored directly to Hyper-V instance
Key Continuing Capabilities
Revolutionary, Simple User Interface
Calendar view shows past, present and future recovery points and the protection level for each volume on the system, including backed up, attention needed or at risk.
- Simple, Easy-To-Use
- Incorporates Automated Best Practice Decision Making and Reporting
Flexible Data Recovery Capabilities
Backup Exec System Recovery Desktop Edition delivers many data recovery capabilities, simplifying the recovery of individual files and folders. Features include:
- Recovers individual files and folders in seconds from either recovery points or file/folder backups
- Enables end-user recovery of files and folders via Google Desktop or Backup Exec Retrieve using a common web-browser interface for fast and simple recovery, without IT intervention
Dissimilar Hardware Restoration with Restore Anyware
Combines hot-imaging with the ability to restore to different hardware platforms on the fly thereby reducing recovery times and saving significant hardware investments.
- Eliminates the need to manually reinstall and reconfigure operating systems, applications, settings and preferences.
Schedule Physical to Virtual System Conversions
IT Administrators can set a schedule for having their physical recovery points (backups) converted to virtual systems through an easy to use, wizard d